Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Designer Interview: Pamella Roland Talks Russia and Angelina Jolie

After watching a gorgeous collection of luxe leathers, gold brocades, rich furs, and shining taffetas, we got the chance to talk with designer Pamella Roland about her modern day Anna Karenina creations.

StyleBistro: What made you choose Russia for your inspiration?
Pamella Roland: Actually we were looking at Modern Art, but I went to Saint Petersburg with my husband and called the design team and said "I change my inspiration!"

SB: Celebrities love your clothes! Who do you envision wearing this collection?
PR: Oh gosh, so many people that I've dressed already. I can see Kate Winslet—I always say her name, I hope she hears me some day because I want to dress her. And Angelina Jolie I've dressed, she would look amazing in these. Some of these dresses you really need the height, but we dramatize everything in the show, too.

SB: Is there anyone we will see wear your designs for the Oscars?
PR: There are a few, but we can't say! There were also a few with stylists here spying.


No comments:

Post a Comment